Community housing providers are asked to register their interest in providing and developing Rotorua Lakes Council's pensioner housing.
Council currently manages 152 pensioner units located across five Rotorua sites. Council is keen to identify models of operating the pensioner housing asset through a registered community housing provider (CHP).
Their objectives include:
· to ensure a financially viable and sustainable future for the provision of pensioner social housing
· to provide greater support services for vulnerable tenants
· to optimise central government grants, allowances or other funds which support social housing tenants and social housing development
· to attract investment to improve the current assets
· to attract investment to grow the asset for the provision of pensioner, other social or affordable housing.
The current tenancies must continue to be supported in any future arrangements. Please go through Tenderlink here to view the documents and register your interest for RDC-783994 which closes on 30 October.