Monday 29 September, 2014
Rangitane Cultural Centre Ukaipo, 1 Fell St, Grovetown, Blenheim.
We have looked at how public, private and community services and institutions can respond better and support older people and their communities to manage and recover from these events. Based on their research findings, the Resilient Communities team has developed a range of practical tools for older people, communities and organisations.
The Summit is an opportunity for you to:
- Explore the tools
- a site selection tool
- a house resilience tool, and
- the flood experience tool to help plan and respond better to community and individuals needs
- Talk with the researchers, older people and others involved in promoting older people’s resilience
- Talk with our two international experts on ageing and resilience.
- Dr Rob Wiener – Executive Director, California Coalition for Rural Housing and lecturer in housing policy at the University of California.
- Dr Catherine Bridge – Director of the Home Modification Information Clearing House Project and Associate Professor, Faculty of Built Environment, University of NSW.
The Summit is free to attend. For more information or to register please contact CRESA on freephone 0508 427 372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.