Covid Update 03/12/2021
New Zealand has moved to a “Traffic Light” Covid-19 Protection Framework.
The latest information on how the “Traffic Light System” will commence in each region can be found here:
- Red Light: Northland, Auckland, Taupō and Rotorua Lakes District, Kawerau, Whakatane, Ōpōtiki Districts, Gisborne District, Wairoa District, Rangitikei, Whanganui and Ruapehu Districts will move in at red. Learn more about Life at Red.
- Orange Light: The rest of the North Island will move in at orange
- Orange Light: The whole of the South Island will move in at orange
Find out more about Life at Orange.
The Ministry of Health has released guidance for Life at Green.
The Ministry of Health released the requirements concerning the Health and Disability Worker Vaccinations Order on Saturday 23 October. The Order took effect from 11.59pm 25 October, health and disability workers will need to be fully vaccinated by 1 January, 2022.
While the mandate has been widened to include care and support workers and those who enter homes to provide community support services, it will not include those working in housing support services (such as tenancy managers).
We know vaccination conversations are top of mind for our providers right now and we have collated some resources which may be of help.
- The Workshop have developed a document about having healthy and productive vaccine conversations with your friends, your family, and your colleagues.
- In this video, employment lawyer Barnaby Locke examines the legal framework on Covid-19 vaccinations in the workplace and protecting your staff
- This template policy drafted by Southland Law can be adopted by your organisation to ensure you are up-to-date with best practice regarding health and safety under Covid-19 and vaccinations
- Risk assessments are a key part of understanding which employees need to be vaccinated. Worksafe has developed a guide here