Community Housing Solutions
Community Housing Solutions Ltd (CHS) is the consulting service subsidiary of
Community Housing Aotearoa (CHA).
About Community Housing Solutions
Community Housing Solutions (CHS) was established to provide Community Housing Aotearoa (CHA) with a delivery arm to provide technical consulting services to individual members and community housing providers and other organisations seeking specialist advice on social and affordable housing
We use this decision tree (to the right) to decide if something falls under member or sector support or if it should be undertaken by CHS.
What’s the difference between CHA and CHS?
Community Housing Aotearoa (CHA) is an incorporated society and registered charity. CHS is a wholly-owned company of CHA and is also a registered charity. As an incorporated society CHA focuses on the needs of its members and its mission of promoting community housing. CHA has a contract with government to deliver peak body services for community housing and also homeless sector support services. CHS was established to clearly differentiate those activities from work which falls outside the scope of peak body services.
Community Housing Aotearoa
Publicly funded core peak body services
- Public policy advice
- Network support
- Problem triage and advice
- Directing to contacts or resources
- Access to the Best Practice Standards
- Up to date Best Practice Guide and associated resources
- Advice on Best Practice implementation
- Community Housing Regulatory Authority registration coaching
- Advice and information related to Best Practice
- Training and events
Community Housing Solutions Limited
Fee for service
- Housing needs assessments
- Strategic planning advice
- Asset management advice and portfolio planning
- Community Housing Regulatory Authority registration application preparation
- Research and evaluation
- Development of organisational-specific resources
- Development of scheme-specific financial models
Examples of the type of work CHS has conducted
- 2020 Housing Needs Assessment report to Waimakariri District Council
- 2020 Housing Needs Assessment update report to Hutt City Council
- 2019 Housing Needs Assessment report to Hutt City Council
- 2017 Housing Needs Assessment report to SmartGrowth covering Tauranga / Western Bay of Plenty
- 2020 Social and Affordable Housing report for the Greater Christchurch Partnership
- 2018 report for Christchurch City Council evaluating the Goulding Avenue property sold by Council at a restricted use value to a consortium of community housing providers to deliver social, affordable rental and assisted home ownership
- Auckland City Council Housing Policy Office development of policies, procedures and documents to administer the Special Housing Areas.
- 2014 report for The Treasury on the community housing sector; and
In addition, other relevant projects include the provision of advice and/or participation in
- The Dunedin Mayor’s Taskforce for Housing
- Tauranga City Council’s Elderly Housing Review Working Group
- The Wellington Mayor’s Housing Taskforce
- The Queenstown Lakes District Council’s Housing Affordability Taskforce; and
- The Hutt City Council’s Homeless Strategy meeting facilitation.
Who to contact?
Deputy Chief Executive
Chris Glaudel has over 25 years of direct experience across a variety of roles in social and affordable housing including development, tenancy and property management, asset management and policy development. As the Deputy CEO of Community Housing Aotearoa, Chris is responsible for the operational activities, member services, capacity building and quality assurance, and policy development and research to deliver on the strategic objectives of the organisation. He has overseen the development of more than 1,500 affordable ownership and rental homes in central California. He was also responsible for the asset management of 115 properties throughout California with over 5,000 units, all serving low-income households.
Phone: (027) 4620605
Level 11, Ranchhod Tower
39 The Terrace/102-112 Lambton Quay
PO Box 11543