Over the period from June 2015 to August 2015, home affordability nationwide improved by 2.3%.
Massey University senior property lecturer Dr Susan Flint-Hartle said this improvement has taken place in every region, apart from Nelson/Marlborough.
Massey University Home Affordability Report – Key findings:
• Quarterly improvement in national affordability: 2.3%
• Quarterly improvements in all regions except Nelson/Marlborough
• Quarterly improvement in Auckland affordability: 4.9%
• Annual deterioration in national affordability: 6.7%
• Most affordable region: Southland – 57% more affordable than the national average.
• Least affordable region: Auckland – 52% less affordable than the national average.