Ministry of Social Development here to help on housing needs

Oct 1, 2018 | News

“For anyone who is in need, the Ministry of Social Development is still the place to come if you are homeless, or need access to public housing,” says Mr Boyle.

“You can get in touch with us on 0800 559 009, or call into your nearest MSD Service Centre.

“We can help if you urgently need somewhere to stay.

“We also assess people for long-term public housing to make sure the people who are in most need can get public housing for as long as they need it.

“At the Ministry of Social Development we will still provide services such as covering emergency housing costs, providing access to transitional housing, and offering financial assistance such as the accommodation supplement.

“Last year we provided approximately $900 million in rental subsidies for those in need.

“Some of our functions, namely policy and public housing supply, have gone into the new Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, which is the Government’s lead advisor on housing and urban development.

“We will be working closely with the new Ministry to support those in housing need,” says Mr Boyle.

Recent articles

Annual Report

2021/22 CHA Annual Report

2021/22 CHA Annual Report

Strategic Plan

CHA’s 2022-2023 Strategic Workplan

CHA’s 2022-2023 Strategic Workplan

Case Studies

Media Releases






CHA 2022 Annual Report and Audited Accounts

What a year for our Community Housing Aotearoa Ngā Wharerau o Aotearoa team. Our Annual Report highlights our service delivery, including: - 16 submissions to central and local government. - 30 trainings and events delivered on topics ranging from public health...


Community Housing Aotearoa

Contact Us

Contact Info

Level 11, Ranchhod Tower,
39 The Terrace /
102-112 Lambton Quay
PO Box 11543
Wellington 6142

+04 385 8722

Follow On