What we have heard from you and relayed to MSD is that greater certainty is required for you to make investment decisions. We conveyed that members are interested in understanding the following:
1. The specific locations where MSD intends to purchase additional social housing places as detailed as possible – ideally by suburb in larger cities, but city level is fine for smaller towns.
For these locations:
- household size(s) and required number(s) of bedrooms;
- type of support needs required by the tenants;
- anticipated rental payment standard for each housing size/type; and
- forecast of future demand by household size and support needs over 3, 5 and 10 year timeframes.
2. Specific locations where MSD has identified a stable demand for social housing places – including the same bullet point info as above for stable purchasing.
3. Specific locations where MSD has identified falling demand for social housing places – including the same bullet point info as above for reduced purchasing.
This will not be the only opportunity for feedback. Once the Purchasing Intentions are released MSD will continue to engage with stakeholders to provide the information required to ensure appropriate housing choices are available.