Call it our manifesto, action plan or success factors, here are our six key points we believe KiwiBuild must incorporate to achieve or surpass its goals – yes, we think that is possible:
- A design-led quality focus – above NZ Building Code minimum standards for warm, healthy, sustainable homes
- A multi-year procurement programme at scale and at pace – enabling businesses to invest in their offsite manufacturing methods
- A streamlined building consent regulatory process – clarified by using the Reliance Model
- A consistent bank finance approach that enables direct lending to clients of offsite projects – coupled with 10-year work guarantees
- An integrated industry network that enables our SME-dominant construction industry to transform for the long-term
- A prototyping approach where quality, affordable homes are tested, tweaked and re-tested – so only the best are recreated at scale and these are showcased through a permanent show village
These six points make up PrefabNZ’s advocacy programme, where we are providing advice and information to enable them. They are part of the solution, providing a range of alternative approaches to unbundle the financing required for land, infrastructure and planning.
Read the story on PrefabNZ’s website here.