The register provides information on:
- the number of people on the register and comparison to September 2015
- how many people are Priority A or B
- the most common type of application, eg single adult
- the most common age group and ethnicity of people applying
- the number of bedrooms needed and where the greatest need is by geographical area.
This quarter the Housing Register has been separated from the Transfer Register to better explain in detail what is happening on the Social Housing Register.
At 30 September 2016, there were 4,602 applications on the Housing Register, an increase of 35.4 percent compared to the same time last year, and 1,168 applications on the Transfer Register, an increase of 9.4 percent compared to the same time last year.
MSD give the reasons for the increases as the current housing market and intense demand for accommodation, especially in Auckland; and the increase in public awareness of MSD’s housing services.
Go here for the figures.