City Housing provides social housing with subsidised rent, for households who face various barriers to accessing other types of housing. Our tenants come from a wide range of backgrounds and some have complex needs. The welfare of our tenants is extremely important and our focus is on helping them to sustain their tenancy and provide a safe and stable housing environment.
This role is part of the team responsible for the day to day management of over 2000 tenancies. This role offers a supportive team environment and plenty of variety. With a mix of office work and on-site visits, and a combination of rostered and reactive tasks, there is plenty of daily contact with tenants, as well as other Council staff and external support agencies.
City Housing is in the process of upgrading the majority of their homes, in a 20-year partnership with the Crown, to make their housing warm, dry, safe and of a high standard for modern living. Throughout the disruption of upgrades, they continue to provide a high-quality service to their tenants as well as running a community development programme aimed at building inclusive, active communities.
As a Tenancy Advisor, you will be part of a team providing a comprehensive tenancy management service with tasks including:
- management of rent and tenant liability arrears
- handling of complaints, maintenance requests and day-to-day tenancy matters
- referrals to, and collaboration with, social support agencies where tenants have support needs
- property and site inspections
- ensuring compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act
- responding to occasional special circumstances with an understanding of the complex needs of some tenants
You will need the ability to:
- demonstrate a high level of professionalism and maturity to interact respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds, and including those with literacy, language, physical and mental health challenges
- demonstrate personal resilience and the ability to self-manage while being a positive member of a team
- manage tenant needs with sensitivity but firmness, recognising the boundaries of City Housing’s landlord role
- build and maintain relationships with social and health service agencies
- follow processes and adhere to established policies and protocols
- be perceptive when facing complex situations and navigate, as well as negotiate, towards solutions
The successful applicant with also demonstrate strong administration skills and excellence in customer service. A fantastic working environment and a competitive salary is on offer. If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, apply today.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand and must hold a full driving license to apply for this role.
For more information contact Shannon Barr on (04) 801 4225 or Shanonemail@example.com To apply for this job, please go to the job site www.careers.wellington.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 9302HI.